Tuesday, March 10, 2009

So proud!!

I am so proud of my Dominic! He came back from NB wanting a Nintendo DS since he played with Félix-Adam and loved it. Well, I said I would NOT buy him a $150 video game! No way! (The WII was MY birthday present...who could tell...) So then I told him that if he really wanted one, he could use his money in his piggy bank which he's been filling up since...he was born. I explained the rules: He would have to save until he had enough, he would have to buy his own games, he would have to save up his money again since he would have none left, and of course, no more than 1 hour a day of playing, etc, etc, etc.
Last night, we counted and rolled change...he had $160!!!! So tonight, we went shopping...he chose a nice candy apple red new DS Lite, a Mario Brothers case and I bought him (I know, I cheated) a Mario game. I still can't get over the fact that my 6 year old saved up $160 and bought himself a video game! He works so hard! He is so good! We sometimes give him money for work he does or if we ask him to do something harder or special, we tell him we will pay him. He puts everything in his bank. So the lesson starts....save up, pay cash, be patient. Now if only his parents could get that....

No comments: