Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Sleepless in Perkins

Well, it's 3:15AM and I just can't sleep; that 2nd coffee yesterday morning really did me in. So I figured it was a good time to catch up.
So, last week, I was in the middle of the Obama action...well, not up close but I work across the street from the Parliament so our streets were closed, cops were going through the garbage cans outside our building when I came in to work, we were picking snipers off the rooftops, helicopters with snipers hanging out were flying by our windows, and I was stranded downtown trying to get home since all the streets were closed and no buses went through. You know, all of the glamorous stuff which comes with such a distinguished visitor. I didn't go up to try to see him when he arrived...saw him waving up close on TV though.

Today, I found out I'm finally moving up in the world. I will now be spending 1 day a week working for Paul, my former boss (who has himself moved up), helping him with National Telecom. He's in charge of all Telecommunications for Deloitte Canada, all by his lonesome, and now I get to help with phone system implementations!! Woohoo!! This is the stuff I like, the planning, organizing, learning....After 10 years, updating distribution lists and paying bills is getting old. Of course I still have to do that but I now also have exciting things to do. Hopefully, this will lead to more interesting stuff.

And more exciting news...my cousin Renée is going to be published!!! She will have a layout (or maybe 2) in Canadian Scrapbooker! I'm so excited and proud of her! Way to go girl!! Just remember who taught you everything you know ;-) Just kidding, you're teaching me stuff! Which made me realise, that aside from riding on my mother's coattails, and having my layouts stolen, I've never been published in my own rights. Of course I haven't submitted anything so it's not surprising...but maybe I should start thinking about it.

Kids are good. Alex is now writing her name, and writes it everywhere. She now wants to let her hair grow, but we had to have her bangs trimmed and her hair styled so it would grow properly. She's pretty cute, but she sometimes reminds me of that character, don't remember the name, it think it was Lilly Tomlin playing it. She was a kid sitting in a big rocking chair, square haircut... She looks so "déplaisante"!
Dominic has a couple of molars coming out so is in a bit of pain. Funny story, he's been asking to put ice on his cheek because it hurts, so I put ice in a Ziplock, in a towel and he rests it on his cheek. Well the night before he fell asleep holding it to his cheek. At around 11 when I went to bed I checked up on him and all the ice was melted, so I took it away. He turned around in his sleep, said "It still hurts", grabbed a small stuffed dog in his bed and held it too his cheek like he did the ice. It was so cute and funny! He slept like that for a while. Pauvre Pitou!
We will be having guests in the next few days...my parents will be here Wednesday for the weekend, and on Sunday will be taking the kids back to NB with them for March break. That makes everyone so happy :-) It will be fun for them to ski with Pépére, Félix-Adam and Marie-Kristine.
So, I wish I could say I'm getting really sleepy but I'm not really; I'll just be paying for it royally later today!

Well, I wanted to leave you with a few pictures, but unfortunatly, I haven't been taking any! Really gotta get to it. So here is Alex, a little while back in her little bed she had for a few days to watch TV.




And here is Dominic on his 6th Birthday...yup, really have to get on this photo thing...


No comments: